Rise and Shine Cupcake!

Two weeks have gone by since the learning journey began and it has been sweet (trust me, like some serious sugar rush here).


We started out with some basic soft rolls and are now slowly moving forward and picking up with some French classics as well as some decadent pastries like berliners, brioche, scones, fruit crumble, classic muffins, doughnuts, tea cakes, cassacks, sable, crinkles, danish butter cookies and various other classic quick breads and cookies (pssst...that's not all, I'm just sparing you the cravings). 

What if I told you that all the above mentioned pastries, cakes and cookies comprise of the same base ingredients? Or, if some of them can be made with just 5 ingredients or less?

What if I told you that bakers are just "mad scientists" with an apron?

"Bakers? Scientists? Are you for real now?". This is probably what you are thinking right now and that is exactly what I thought two weeks ago.
It is the characteristic of being "mad scientists" that has helped and has pushed humble bakers to experiment and create various phenomenal things by just using the base ingredients. Playing with textures, temperatures,flavors,color, art and design is what distinguishes each dessert from the other.

 Apart from being an art and looking fancy ,baking is said to have more intricate science involved in its making. 
"Hello Chemistry, my old friend!"

Now, Chemistry and I really didn't get a long too well. Just when I thought I got rid of her way back in school, Chemistry and her fellow companions (formulas) found their way back into my life. The key is to befriend the enemy they say, and someday I shall.



The past few days have let me embrace my weakness and learn from it. It has helped me gain some knowledge in the science and art behind making these magical looking creations. 
Trust me, I would never have thought, in my wildest dreams that someday I would make these decadent looking desserts. I am now watching myself only get better each time and this is just the beginning.

Comments

Post a Comment